Home Insurance

Home » Insurance » Home Insurance

Buildings & Contents Insurance

If you are looking for the right home insurance, you have certainly come to the right place. We have many years of experience and can ensure the structure and contents of your home are protected against a number of different risks.

We will work with you throughout the entire process to make sure that your needs are assessed thoroughly, making certain you have the right amount of protection for you and your property. With access to a wide range of insurers, we can ensure you get the right cover.

Buildings Insurance

Buildings insurance is a mandatory requirement your mortgage lender is going to demand from you, no matter whether you are looking to remortgage or you are purchasing a property. When buying a leasehold property, annual or monthly maintenance charges may already incorporate buildings insurance, so it is vital to look into this.

If you are buying a freehold property, it is highly likely that you are going to need to cover buildings insurance. You will need this in place when the contracts are exchanged.

Buildings insurance policies are designed to cover the permanent fixtures and fabric of your property, for example, bathroom suites, built-in cupboards, fitted kitchens, windows and doors, floors, ceilings, walls, and the roof. Home insurance is going to cover the full cost of a rebuilt or repair should there be vandalism, falling trees, a gas explosion, storm damage, a lightning strike, or a fire.

It will also payout for burst water pipes or if a vehicle has collided with your home.

Contents Insurance

It is also vital to make sure that you insure the contents of your home as well. This is not something that you are obligated to take out, as is the case with buildings insurance. However, it does come highly recommended because it makes sure that all of your belongings are covered should they be damaged or stolen.

Contents insurance will cover your possessions against damage or loss caused by theft or attempted theft, as well as a gas explosion or fire. It will also insure you against flood damage, storm, and water leakage.

The contents of your home refers to anything that you would basically take with you if you were to move somewhere else. So, examples include your jewellery, electrical items, clothes and furniture.

When arranging contents insurance it is critical to make sure you are fully covered. A lot of people get their estimations wrong and live to regret it. However, that is where our expert assistance comes in. We will make sure that you have the right level of cover for your needs and that you consider all of your options carefully.

Why Should You Choose Us For Your Home Insurance?

We have a team of in-house insurance experts who will ensure that you end up with the right policy for your requirements.

There are so many homeowners who do not have the required insurance, and they end up facing huge financial troubles.

We do not want this to happen to you. We will make sure that you have the right policy for your requirements and your budget. Equally, you don’t want to pay for insurance you don’t need either, right? We will make certain this does not happen. We have many years of experience in the industry and an exceptional track record too.

Home Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

Our protection advisers have answered some of the most commonly asked questions about mortgages for home insurance below

How much buildings insurance do I need?

The amount of cover that you require will depend on how much it costs for the total rebuilding of the premises. Remember, market value and the rebuilding cost are not the same, though. The rebuilding cost could be less or more than the valuation of the property. If you know how much it would cost to rebuild the property, basing it on this comes recommended. Of course, we will help you with all of this.

I live in an apartment or flat, do I still need to get buildings insurance?

If you own a flat or an apartment, you need to make sure that the owners of the entire building have the adequate buildings insurance in place. You can then take extra cover if you are not satisfied.

Tenants rent my property. Do I need buildings insurance?

It is vital to make sure that your premises are insured, no matter whether you live there personally or not.

Do I need buildings insurance if my property is unoccupied?

It is still vital to make sure that your property is insured, even if it is empty at the moment. Nevertheless, getting cover can be a little bit more challenging and it is not uncommon for the premiums to be more expensive, so do keep this in mind. We can help you find the right policy in this circumstance.

Can I change my policy once it has been taken out?

You can make changes to your policy as often as you need to. However, you do need to make sure that any changes that are made will still keep you fully covered.

What needs to be considered when selecting a policy?

You should compare different insurance plans offered by various policies to see what is going to be the most suitable for your requirements. It is vital to look at any policy restrictions, for example, accidental damage and flood cover. Moreover, check for discounts on annual premium payments and higher excesses.

What is contents insurance?

Contents insurance is designed to cover all of the material possessions that you keep in your home. This includes furniture, curtains, clothing, your computer, smartphone, and so on – basically, if you could move it from your home to another property, then it is deemed contents. There is cover extending to areas outside of the main property in a lot of the policies available today, for example, anything that is stored in your garage or conservatory.

How much contents insurance is required?

The best way to figure out the amount of contents insurance you need is to make a list of everything in your house that you need insured. It can also be worth taking a photo of any specific items with a high value, for example, any antique items you may have.

What is combined contents and building policy?

This is a type of policy that covers both contents and buildings. Insurers will tend to sell these policies at discounted prices so that they are more attractive, yet it can still be more cost efficient to opt for separate policies. We will present you with all options so you can be sure you end up with the right plan for you.

Think Plutus

Speak to an expert insurance adviser today

for insurance. Think Plutus.